2nd circumnavigation: good stuff not to be missed. Read all the logs here.
- Alex: Listen up April 18, 2008
Why we do this
- Alex: Tropical storms April 26, 2008
- Alex: “Rant against snake oil” May 24, 2008
Alex is raving about only being able to buy fashion colours for wet weather gear.
- Alex: Early am 5th July Nome with what passes in America for coffee July 5, 2009
Huge sense of achievement but tempered with the knowledge of what was to come and the uncertainty of setting out to do something that really put us out there on our own in the most hostile of environments. As it turned out, Nome and Pat Hahn and his family became the basis for the success of our transit of the NW Passage – and are now lifelong friends.
- Path Hahn: The strait story July 26, 2008
- Corrie: Yesterday’s whale… aaargh!!! August 1, 2008
- Kimbra: BelugasThese small whales are superficially more like oversize, white, friendly dolphins. in the snow… August 17, 2008
- Alex: 7355 09542 and a serious point at the end August 17, 2008
Freezing rain and big icebergs meant Berrimilla was just not able to make it to BeecheyBeechey Island is an island located in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago of Nunavut, Canada. More on wikipedia Island and the NASA’s Houghton Mars Project camp on Devon Island in the Canadian Arctic.
- Corrie: I wish the oreo cookie monster would leave me alone, or turn into a heater.August 18, 2009
This is Corrie McQ feeling cold
- Alex: North of nearly everything August 18, 2008
Detailed list of Alex’s clothing
- Pat Hahn: Berri on Baffin August 22, 2008
- This, that and the ExaminerShe who asks awkward questions of the crew and tests them with difficult tasks. October 15, 2009
Cloudless, moonless night sky…Wouldn’t be in London for quids.
- The Swirl of the Pallids January 19, 2010
Kerguelen landfall: fog streams past like paint
- Baie de l’Oiseau January 21, 2010
Can’t convey the thrill, the absolute delight, the quiet satisfaction…