FROM 2-6. Tuktoyaktuk-Cambridge Bay

Tonight it is.

We will almost certainly leave tonight, when all the bits and pieces have been done, phone calls made, ice reports collected…

There is a 20 kt easterly forecast for Queen Maud overnight then to NW – not the best and may further block Franklin but I think we have to be there to take any opportunity that opens. AGW, about 3 days to Taloyoak (used to be Spence Bay) where we can wait in reasonable comfort  for a week or two if necessary. Won't be easy but necessity dictates.

Photos – Wreck of Amundsen's Maud and an inuksuk (or perhaps an inunnguaq).

Comments are closed.